PROF. SALEH K. ABU-OSBA
- Ph.D. in Mass Communication, July 1982 .Howard University, Washington, D. C.
- Ph.D. in Rhetoric, Literary Criticism, and Comparative Literature, June 1977 Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt.
- Diploma of Graduate Studies in Journalism and Publishing, December 1975 Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt.
- M. A. Rhetoric, Literary Criticism, and Comparative Literature, December 1972 Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt.
- B.A in Arabic Literature and Islamic studies, June 1968 Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt.
2005 – Present –Vice President of Philadelphia University
2003 – 2005 - Dean, Faculty of Arts, Philadelphia University.
- Professor at Humanities & Social Studies
2000 -2003 -H.o.D, Department of Mass Communication, Faculty of Arts, Sultan Qaboos University
1995 -2000 Dean, Faculty of Arts, Philadelphia University. - Professor at Humanities & Social Studies -
* H.o.D, Artistic Design Department.
* Acting President of Philadelphia University (in the absence of the president). Editor in chief; Philadelphia Journal -
1991- 1995 Chairman of Humanities & Social Studies Department.
Associate Professor at Philadelphia University, Amman.
CEO Aram Studies & Publishing House, Amman.
1989-1991 General Coordinator of Establishing Committee for Arab Foundation for Literary & Artistic Production. Mass Media Consultant, National Council of Arab Culture, Rabat -Morocco.
1982-1989 Associate Professor Mass Communication Department Faculty of Arts United Arab Emirates University.
Teaching Assignment: Communication & Development, Mass Communication Research, Mass Media Organizations Management, Theories of Mass Communication, Newspaper and Magazine Editing, Journalism Translation, International Communication, Broadcasting Drama, and Public Opinion & Propaganda.
1980-1982 On academic leave to obtain a doctoral degree in Mass Communication.
1979-1980 Visiting Scholar, Near Eastern Studies, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan.
1977-1979 Managing Editor of Al Shoura Journal, Public Press Inc., Tripoli, Libya. Lecturer, Arabic Department-Faculty of Education, Al -Fateh University, Tripoli, Libya.
Teaching Assignment: Modern Literary Criticism, Old Literary Criticism and Literature Texts.
1975-1977 Editor and Representative of Public Press Inc., At Arab Center for Information and Development, Cairo, Egypt.
1973-1975 Founder, Secretary-Editor and Acting Deputy to Editor-in-Chief, Althaqafah Al-Arabeyyah Journal, Public Press Incorporation, Tripoli, Libya.
1972-1973 Teacher, Ahmadi Intermediate School, Ahmadi, Kuwait
1970-1972 On academic leave to obtain M.A in Rhetoric Literary Criticism, & Comparative Literature.
- Teacher, Tripoli Preparatory School, Tripoli, Libya.
Mass Communication Books In Arabic :
Mass Media & Development (Dubai: Moassat Al-bayan, 1985)
- An Introduction to Mass Media Research,” by Wimmer & Dominic,Translation into Arabic, 2nded )Amman: Aram Publishing House, 1998.)
- Mass Media Issues (Dubai: Moassat Al-Bayan, 1988.)
- Readings in Mass Media & Arab Development (Editor) (Dubai: Mossasat Al-Bayan, 1989.)
- Communication & Mass Media in Modern Societies 5th edition (Amman: Aram Publishing House, 2004.)
- Communication & Public Relations (Co-Author with Dr. Taysir Abu-Arja)(Amman: Jerusalem Open University, 1996.)
- Mass Media Organization Management in the Arab World,” 2nd ed (Amman: Aram Publishing House, 1997.)
- Public Relations and Human Communication (Amman, Dar Ashrouq, 1998.)
- Mass Communication, (Dar Al-shrouaq, Amman, 1999).
- Media Challenges: Freedom, Credibility & Cultural Dependency: (Amman, Dar Al shrouaq, 1999)
- Arabic Heritage Texts In Communication Field( Nossoos Toratheya Fe Dhaw Elm Alitisaal ( Amman: Aram Publishing House, 2001.)
- The Art of Essay (Fan Almaqalah): (Co-Author with Dr. Mohammad ObaidAllah) ( Amman: Dar Majdalawy, 2001.)
- Communication Strategies, Policies & Effects:( Amman: Dar Majdalawy, 2005.)
Mass Communication Publications (IN English):
- Afro-Arab Centricity: A Mode for Communication Development (Ontario, Canada,: Jerusalem International Publishing House, 1982)
- Libya Terrorist or Terrorized: An Inquiry into Politics, Ideology & Communication, Co-editor with Cecil Blake (Ontario, Canada: Jerusalem International Publishing House, 1982.)
- Readings in Mass Communication, Nabeel Jurdi, editor,
- “ The Arab Rhetoric of the Arab-Israeli Conflict in the United Nations,
- “ Freedom of the Press: The Case of Libya, 1969-1977, (Al-Ain, U.A.E: The Bookshop, 1983)
- Identification and Globalization.Editor& Co-authored with others –“Tribes in A Wired Global Village: Mass Communication Challenges in the Era of Globalizations” (Philadelphia University, Amman 20-22 May. 1999.)
Literary Critisism Books ( In Arabic):
- Palestine in the Arab Novel (Felestin Fe al-Rewayah al-Arabia (Beirut: Palestinian Research Center 1975)
- Readings in Literature (Qeraat Fe Aladab) ( Tripoli :General Company For Publishing & Distribution : 1978 )
- Poetic Movement In Occupied Palestine (Al- Haraka al-She’reya Fe Felestin al-Mohtala ( Beirut : Arab Establishment For Studies & Distribution : 1978 )
- “ The Art of Modern Arabic Prose”(Fonoon al -Nathr Al-Arabi) (Co-Author) (Amman: Jerusalem Open University, 1995.)
- Palestinian Novel & Exile ) Al- Rewaya al-Felestineya Wal-Manfa al-Jazeera al-Arabia Makanan) ( Sharja : Emirates Writer Union : 2001)
- Towards a foundational study of Modern Palestinian Novel. Co-authored with others. A research entitled Drama and Fantacy In Palestinian Novel. (Palestine, Ramallah. Ogarit for Publishing and Distribution).
Cultural Books: ( In Arabic):
- The Right &the Gun (Tripoli :General Company For Publishing & Distribution : 1980 )
- Arab writers Confronting challenges.Coauthored with others - A research entitled. The Arabic Word and Credibility Pan Arab among Variables of cultures and Media. Amman Union of Arab writers.
- Thoughts &Civilization: Selected Texts.(Editor) (Amman – Dar Al- Barakah, 2005).
Short Stories:( In Arabic):
- Naked on the River Bank (Orat Ala Dhefat Al Nahr) (Cairo: Al-Marifa Press, 1972).
- The Tall Man Trial (Mohakamat Madeed Al qamah)
(Beirut: Dar Al Quods, 1975).
- Princess of Water (Ameerat Almaa)
( Beirut: Arab Institution for studies & Publication, 1978.)
- Faces Know love (Wojooh Taeref Alhob)
(Cyprus: Dar Al- Multaqa, 1992.)
- Short Stories Collections (Qessas Belawn al-Hob) (Amman: Aram Publishing House, 2001.)
Papers Published Or Presented In Conferences& Symposiums,:
- “The Arab Rhetoric of the Arab Israeli Conflict in the United Nations,” paper presented to: The Eastern Communication Association Convention, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, April 24- 26, 1981.
- “Western Mass Media & Cultural Alienation in the Arab World” Shoun Arabeyyah Journal, Issue 17, June 1982, 173-230.
- “Communication in Mass Media Organization” (Social Science Journal, Issue 2 Vols. 13 summer 1985). P.p. 105 -116.
- “A Quest for the Communication Concepts in Arab Heritage”, Paper presented to Mass Communication Departments in the Arab World Conference. U.A.E University& Union of Arab Universities. (Al-Ain, U.A.E. November 18-21, 1984)
- “A Proposal for Establishing the Arab Mass Communication” Association, Paper Presented to Mass Communication Departments in the Arab World Conference. U.A.E University& Union of Arab Universities (Al-Ain, U.A.E. November 18-21, 1984).
- “Readership of Newspapers in the United Arab Emirates”, Faculty of Arts Journal, (U.A.E. University 1st. Issue, 1985, P.P. 131 -159).
- “Mass Media & Development in the United Arab Emirates” Gulf & Arab Peninsula Studies Journal, Issue 47, Volume 12, July 1986, P.P, 155-183
- “Uses of Viewing Television by Students of the U.A.E University”.
- Faculty of Arts Journal, U.A.E. University, 2nd Issue, 1986, P.P. 193-233.
- “Palestinian Culture Counters Occupation”, Al Wahda Journal, Issue 21,June 1986,73-20
- “Arab Scientific Publishing: Publishing or Research Crisis A Critical View”
- The Arab Publisher Journal, Issue 6, January 1986, 4-20.
- “Communication Process: From Intra-Communication to Mass Communication.” Faculty of Arts Journal, Issue No.3, 1987 p.p 191-231.
- “The Role of Mass Media is Self Reliance for Adult Education” Continuous Education Journal, No. 13, Vol. 8, December 1987, 98-154.
- “Joint Arab Communication: Challenges and Future Prospects”,
Majalat Shoun Ejtemaeyyah, Issue No. 20 U.A.E,. January 1988.
- “The Lost Role of Communication in Comprehensive Development in the Arab World,” Majalat Shoun Ejtemaeyyah, Issue No. 21, January 1989.
- “Communication in Arab Heritage: A Critical View” Faculty of Arts Journal, Issue No, 6, 1989
- “The Relation Between Mass Media Teaching Institutions & The Mass Media Organization, Is it a Teaching Crisis or Job Opportunity Crisis” Paper presented to: Seminar organized by: The Higher Institute for Journalism. Rabat, Morocco. 18 - 21 Dec 1989.
- “Mass Media In the Arab World: Which Future” Paper presented to International Seminar on Communication and Developing Countries. Organized by The Institute for International Cooperation. Milan, Italy, 26-27 Sep, 1989
- “How to Study Communication in Arab Heritage” Majalat Deraasat, Issue No. 4 & 5, 1992
- “Arab Intellectuals & Mass Media”. Paper Presented to : Arab Culture & Current Challenges, Seminar Organized by National Counsel for Arab Culture, Rabat 8, Jun, 1993.
- “Jamal Abu Hamdan as a Playwright: : A critical Study”. Paper Presented to: Jordanian Literature Movement Convention. Organized by Mu’ta University, 10 -13, April 1993.
- “Publishing Researches in Arab Scientific Journals.” Presented to Seminar on Scientific Publishing in the Arab World Organized by Union of Arab Scientific Research Council & Yarmouk University, Irbid, 11-13, Sept.1994
- “ The Role of Mass Media in Dissemination of Unified Term.” Majalat Derasat, Issue No.8, 1994
- “Planning in Mass Media Organizations”: Al Basser Journal, Jordan Al-Petra (Banat) University, Amman, Issue 1996.
- Graduate Students Of Faculties of Arts :Are They Graduated For Work Second Conference for Deans of Arab world, Khartoum University& Union of Arab Universities., Khartoum Dec. 10-12 1996.
- “Cultural Domination and Communication Rights in Africa’ (Majalat Al- Derasat Al-Elameya, Cairo, Issue 89, April 1997.)
- Communication’s Challenges in The Next Century: The Arab Case.: Paper Presented to Communication & Diplomacy Conference :New Horizons in The Age of Informatics’ Age: ”: Jordanian Diplomatic Institute &Yarmouk University, Amman 6-8 September 1997 .
- Jordanian Press Performance Under The Press Law: Workshop: Press & Democracy in Jordan:. New Jordan Center & National Society For Freedom & democracy Amman: May 1998
- Palestinian Novel & Diaspora Conference: “Paper Presented to: First International Literary Criticism Conference about ‘Palestinian Novel Experiment’, Jerusalem University. Jerusalem 29/11 - 1/12/1998
- Arab Satellite Stations & the Challenges in the Next Millennium: “Paper Presented to: Arab Satellite Media & Next Century Challenges Conference. Damascus University, Damascus 18-21/4/99.
- “ Publishing of Scientific Researches in Arab Journals”, Study accepted for Publication in the Faculty of Arts Journal, Sana’ University.
- Television &The Pre- School Child (, Majalat Al- Derasat Al-E’lameya, Cairo, Issue 97-98, January/March 2000.)
- Satellite Dishes Are They a Promise or a Threat “Paper Presented to Symposium on: Arab Information Discourse: The Third Millennium Challenges. Cultural Department of Amman Municipality. Amman 26-27-2000.
- Activation of The Islamic Cultural & Information Strategy : A Futuristic Approach “Paper Presented to International Symposium On: Jerusalem And Its Arabic& Islamic Civilization Aspects Qatarian Permanent Committee For Supporting Jerusalem .Doha, Qatar28-30-2000.
- Mass Media Organization Management in the United Arab Emirates & Future Challenges . Paper Presented to Symposium On: Mass media in the United Arab Emirates In a Changing Era. Sharjah University With Cultural & Information Department of Sharjah . Sharjah : 13-15/2001
- Communication Technology the Horizons of freedom and Innovation. Paper Presented to The Sixth Academic Annual Conference. Faculty of Arts: Philadelphia University, Amman 15-17/5/20001.
- The Magic Window: T.V and its Influence on children life and education. Paper Presented to The International Symposium on Children’s Issues From An Islamic Point of view, a paper entitled Islamic Organization for Education, Science, and culture (Isisco). Rabat – Morocco 29-31, /10/2002.
- On The Influence of the Internet on our youths, Paper Presented to The Influence of The Internet on Our Youths Symposium Sharjah University– Sharjah. 10-12/2/ 2004
- Disinformation as a matter of violation media ethic :The case of the international USA’s propaganda on Iraq war. Paper Presented to the International Conference on Ethics IN Global Communication : Culture, community, identity ,Eastern Mediterranean University (EMU) Famagusta/ Northern Cyprus5-7/5/2004
- An Agenda About the Relationship Between Culture and Mass Communication in Jordan” Paper Presented to Jordanian National Cultural Convention (Future of Culture and Art) “Amman, Jordan. 1-3,/6/ 2004
- Critical Comments About Culture and Information Paper Presented to: Policies of Culture Symposium,. Jordan Ministry of Culture And the Amman / Jordan. UNESCO June 15-17, 2004
Conferences, Symposiums, Seminars &Workshops:
- Seminar on the Arab Culture for Arabization, Tripoli, Libya, February 1975, (Coordinator of the Seminar).
- Mass Communication Convention, East Speech Communication Association, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, April 1981.
- Seminar on the Cultural Invasion of the Arab World, The Arab Congress, Tunis, April 1982.
- Mass Communication Departments in the Arab World Conference, Arab Universities Union& the U. A. E. University, Al-Ain, U.A.E., November 1984, Researcher & Coordinator of the Conference.
- Seminar on The Arab Scientific Publishing Problems, Arab Councils of Scientific Research Union & the U. A. E. University, Al-Ain, U.A.E., 1985.
- Seminar on Evaluating Al-Wahda Journal, Prepared by Arab National Culture Council, Rabat, Morocco, December 1985.
- International Seminar on Palestinian Culture. Coordinated by Pan Hellenic Cultural Movement and National Council of Arab Culture, Athens, Greece, March 1986.
- Aspects of Drama in United Arab Emirates Folklore Seminar, Coordinated by International Encyclopedia for Contemporary Theater and the U. A. E. University, Al-Ain, U.A.E., October 1987.
- Seminar on Self Reliance for Adult Education, Coordinated by the Training Center for the Leaders of Adult Education in the Gulf States & the U. A. E. University, Al-Ain, U.A.E., November 1987.
- International Seminar on “ Communication and Developing Countries: Which Future" Organized by The Institute For International Economic Cooperation, Milan, Italy . 26-27 September1989
- Protection of Holy Places and Cultural Heritage in Palestine Conference, Coordinated by ALECSO & the General Union of Arab Artists, Cairo, Egypt, November 1988.
- Seminar on Publishing & Culture Industry in the Comprehensive Arab Culture Plan, ALECSO & Arab Publishers Union, Tripoli, Libya, June 20-24, 1989.
- Seminar on Unifying the Common Terms, Jordanian Arabic language Academy; Amman 6-9 Sep. 1993.
- Seminar on Scientific Publishing in Arab World, Arab Councils of Scientific Research Union &Yarmouk University, Irbid 11-13 Sep. 1994.
- Seminars on the Husband Immigration & its Effect on Family. Jordanian Women Union & The Arab League, Amman 29-30 April 1995.
- First Academic Annual Conference for Faculty of Arts; Faculty of Arts -Philadelphia University, Amman 17-18 July. 1995.
- Second Academic Annual Conference for Faculty of Arts; Faculty of Arts -Philadelphia University, Amman 20-22 May. 1996.
- People & Human Rights in Africa, National Council of Arab Culture Tripoli August. 29-31 1996.
- Second Conference for Faculty of Arts Deans of Arab world, Khartoum university, Dec. 10-12 1996.
- Third Academic Annual Conference for Faculty of Arts; Faculty of Arts -Philadelphia University, Amman10-12 May. 1997.
- Conference of Communication & Diplomacy: New Horizons in The Age of Informatics’ Age: Jordanian Diplomatic Institute & Yarmouk University, Amman 6-8 September 1997 .
- ‘Impact of Zionism on Western Media Seminar, Jaroudi as an Example’ moderator; Amman, Al-Riadah Center for Information & Studies, 15/9/1996.
- “Towards Non-Gender Language Workshop:”, Amman: Women Studies Center, 19-20/2/1997.
- Symposium: ‘Media & Events: Pro & Against’, Arab Culture Society, Amman, 9/4/1997.
- “Dialogue of the Month No.4: “Arab Project for Progress”, Dialogue with Mohammed Abed al - Jaberi, Amman: A.H Shoman, 14/12/1997.
- : Ehsaan Abbas as Editor & Historian Symposium, A.H.Shoman, Amman: 25-26/3/1998.
- Workshop: Press & Democracy in Jordan: Jordanian Press Performance Under The Press Law. New Jordan Center (Al-Urdun Al Jadid) & National Society For Freedom & democracy Amman: May 1998
- Fourth Academic Annual Conference for Faculty of Arts. Faculty of Arts: Philadelphia University, Amman 4-6-1998.
- First International Literary Criticism Conference about ‘Palestinian Novel Experiment’, Jerusalem University, Jerusalem 29/11 - 1/12/1998
- “ Arab Satellite Media & Next Century Challenges Conference:”. Damascus University, Damascus 18-21/4/99.
- “Modernism & Post Modernism Seminar”, An Opening Speech, Amman, Philadelphia University, 28/4/1999.
- ‘Freedom of Press’ Workshop, Amman:, Al-Urdun Al Jadid Research Center. , 21/7/1999
- Developing English Language At Jordanian Universities Workshop, An Opening Speech; Amman Philadelphia University, 8,Nov, 1999.
- Fifth Scientific Annual Conference. Faculty of Arts: Philadelphia University: “Modernism & Post Modernism”, An Opening Speech, Philadelphia University, Amman, 5-7/12/1999.
- Arab Information Discourse Symposium: The Third Millennium Challenges. Cultural Department of Amman Municipality. Amman 26-27-4/2000.
- Seminar: “The Arabic Language and Mass Media”: Chairman of Session. and Community on Mr. Ihsan Ramzi Paper entitled “Broadcasting and Television Language” (Colloquium & Media). Petra University – Jordan May 29-30/5/ 2000.
- Jerusalem and its Arabic and Islamic Sphere Universal Symposium; the Permanent Qatari Committee for Supporting Jerusalem. Doha Qatar 28-30, /10/2000.
- The 12th conference for Arab Ministers in charge of Cultural affairs in the Arab World . Riyadh, 16-22/11/ 2000 (Jordanian delegation member).
- Mass media in the United Arab Emirates In a Changing Era Symposium. Sharjah University With Cultural & Information Department of Sharjah. Sharjah: 13-15/2/2001
- 6th Academic Annual Conference for Faculty of Arts. A paper entitled Philadelphia University – Amman – Jordan, May 15-17, 2001.
- The International Symposium on Children’s Issues From An Islamic Point of view, Islamic Organization for Education, Science, and culture (Isisco). Rabat – Morocco 29-31, /10/2002.
- The 1st Annual Academic Conference, Mass comm. Dept., Faculty of Arts and Social Science Academic – Sultan Qaboos University, “Communication Revelation and the Gulf Society – Reality and Ambition. An Opening Speech, Muscat – Oman. 22-24/4/ 2002
- The 1st Academic Week for Faculty of Arts, An Opening Speech, Philadelphia University ,Amman, Jordan 26-29/5/ 2003.
- The 8th Annual Academic Conference for The Faculty of Arts (Dialogue With Self). Committee Chairman – An Opening Speech, Philadelphia University, Amman – Jordan 28-30/7/ 2003.
- Intellectual Property Week in Jordan, Jordan Association For Intellectual property, Amman – Jordan. 4/8/ 2003.
- The 2nd annual Cultural week for The Faculty of Arts - An Opening Speech, Philadelphia University , Amman – Jordan. 29/1/ 2004.
- The Influence of The Internet on Our Youths Symposium, Sharjah University– Sharjah. 10-12/2/ 2004
- The Third Annual Convention for the Deans of the Faculties of Arts& Humanities in the Arab World. And a Seminar about the role of Faculties of Arts& Humanities in the society. The Organization of Faculties of Arts& Humanities in the Arab World and the University of Damascus, Damascus 13-15/4/ 2004.
- The 9th Annual Academic Conference for The Faculty of Arts (Insights into the Future) Committee Chairman – An Opening Speech, Philadelphia University, Amman / Jordan, 24-28/4/ 2004.
- International Conference on Ethics IN Global Communication : Culture, community, & identity, Eastern Mediterranean University (EMU) Famagusta/ Northern Cyprus5-7/5/2004
- Jordanian National Cultural Convention (Future of Culture and Art) Ministry of Culture, Amman, Jordan. 1-3,/6/ 2004
- Policies of Culture Seminar, Critical Comments About Culture and Information. Jordan Ministry of Culture And the UNESCO June 15-17, 2004 Amman / Jordan.
- The 3rd Academic Week for Faculty of Arts , (Forthcoming ) Organizing Committee Chairman, Philadelphia University, Amman, Jordan 9-13/1/ 2005.
- The 10th Annual Academic Conference for The Faculty of Arts (Culture Of Resistance) Organizing Committee Chairman , Philadelphia University, Amman / Jordan, 25-28/4/ 2005.
Cultural, and Academic activities
- A Member of The International Advisory Board for the Arab Humanities Journal, .(Kuwait university 2004).
- A Member of Academic committee in the Communication Training Center. (Supreme Media council. Jordan Since 2003-present.)
- Member of Editorial Board, the Arab Art& Humanities Faculties Union Journal. Since 2003-present.
- Chairman of referees committee of Local Television Festival, Dubai ,1986/1988/1989/1990/1994/1995
- Member of referees committee of Pan Arab Press Prize , Dubai Press Club 2001/2002
- Member of referees committee of Philadelphia University Prize for Best translating Book 2003/2004 & 2004/2005
- A Member of the International Committee responsible for preparing the Mass Communication Faculty Program. Sharjah University. U.A.E. 2001
- Preparing the Mass Communication faculty project for Sharjah University entrusted by Jordan University Advisory Team in the scholastic year of 1999/2000.
- The Chief Editor of Philadelphia's Cultural Magazine, Amman1996-2000.
- Referee of Academic Journals Such as. (Majallat Derassat.)/ The University of Jordan. Research Journal, (Majallat Abhath) / Yarmouk University. Journal of humanities and Social Sciences / Kuwait University. (Al Bassa’er Journal.) / Petra University. ( Al Manara Journal.) / Al– Al Bait University.
- Referee of Academic Promotion Such as. Petra University, Sanaa University, Baghdad University & Damascus University.
- Chairman of the Organizing Committee of the Academic Conference for the Mass Communication department at Sultan Qaboos University-Muscat, Oman- that was held on the 22-24/4/2004.
- Chairman of the Organizing Committee of the Academic Conference, for the Faculty of Arts, Philadelphia University, 1995-1999, 2001-2004&2005.
- Participating in preparing, outlining and developing the academic plans of the Faculty of Arts, Philadelphia University.
- Chief Editor of Philadelphia's Cultural Magazine, Amman1996-2000.
- A Member of the Advisory Board of Mizan Journal-Amman 1999.
- A Member of the Advisory Board of Social Affairs Journal - Sharjah1984-85.
- Deputy of H.o.D of Mass Communication Department, Summer Semesters 1982-83,1984-85&1986-87 . the U. A. E. University, Al-Ain, U.A.E
- A Member of the editorial Board of The Faculty of Arts Journals ,1985-1987
- A Member of the Advisory Board of Palestinian Annals Journal, 1986-1987.
- Participating in outlining and developing of the B.A. & Master academic plans of Mass Communication Department, the U. A. E. University, Al-Ain, U.A.E.1985-1986.
- A Member of the Advisory Board of Palestinian Annals Journal-1986-1987.
- Establishing & Supervise Al -MAjalah Al-Elamya , Published by Mass Communication Department, the U. A. E. University, Al-Ain, U.A.E(.1982/1983.1983)
- Supervising of Mass Communication Students Society, 1982-1983 / 1983-1984/1984-1985/1985-1986. the U. A. E. University, Al-Ain
- Member of cultural committee Of the Second Gulf States Universities Festival, March 1986. the U. A. E. University, Al-Ain
- Member /or chairman of several Academic committees at U. A. E. University, Philadelphia University & Sultan Qaboos University such as: cultural , Exams & timetable ,Teachers assistants affairs, Library, Accreditation affairs, etc.
Awards & Merits:
- A.H Shoman Reward for Young Scientists in Humanities, 1986.
- Ghaleb Halasa Reward awards by (Jordanian Writers Association, 1996.
- Excellency Scientific Reward, awarded by Philadelphia University, 1999.
- Distinguished referee, awarded by Arab Journal for Humanities 2002.
- Moroccan Association for Mass Communication Research, Morocco
- Jordanian Writers Association, Jordan.
- Environment Society, Jordan.
- Jordanian Critics Society, Jordan.
- North-South Institute for Cultural Dialog, Switzerland.
- National Council of Arab Culture, Rabat –Morocco